Last call from here for the great new new Richard III Discussion Gro

Last call from here for the great new new Richard III Discussion Gro

2019-10-27 18:43:54
hjnatdat

If you haven't joined us yet we are here:

https://groups.io/g/RichardIIIForum

Come and join the great new discussion group! I can't contact you on this after today.

Hilary (on behalf of Neil and the Group)

Re: Last call from here for the great new new Richard III Discussion

2019-10-28 08:03:04
Johanne Tournier

Hi, Hilary 

Got it! =

Hilary and I are co-moderators of the new Richard III Forum on groups.io, FYI, under Neil Trump, aka the Boss or owner of the new group.

We have established the new list as a (hopefully) smooth continuation of this Forum, with the slight name change. We dropped Society from the name, because this list was cut loose by the RIII Society a few years ago, and we do not want any confusion that the new Forum is officially sponsored or connected to the Society.

The reason we made the move from Yahoogroups to groups.io is that Yahoogroups suddenly issued a notice within the last month, as follows:

Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members.

But my understanding is that archive/storage facilities for list messages, Photos and Files would be terminated. Because we have had a history of in-depth, scholarly conversations on the various issues surrounding Richard's life and history, Yahoo!'s continued offering was not sufficient. And what we found when we investigated moving is that there is/was a veritable stampede of user groups leaving Yahoogroups for other venues. After some investigation, we felt that groups.io offered the best alternative to Yahoogroups

There are a number of Richard III venues on Facebook (and probably some on Twitter and Instagram, for all I know), but the new Richard III Forum is the only forum that I am aware of that exists to discuss in depth the many issues surrounding Richard III, his life and times, the historians who have dealt with him in the past and present, and the relative merits and demerits of their work. It is just not possible to do that on the other social media platforms.

So I would like to echo the invitation to you all to join us on groups.io. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or need help signing up. I look forward to seeing you there!

Loyaulte,

Johanne

Johanne L. Tournier

Email - jltournier60@...

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2019 8:52:08 AM
To: <>
Subject: Last call from here for the great new new Richard III Discussion Group

If you haven't joined us yet we are here:

https://groups.io/g/RichardIIIForum

Come and join the great new discussion group! I can't contact you on this after today.

Hilary (on behalf of Neil and the Group)

Get Outlook for Android

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.