Re Ralph Shaa: Stillington, the Woodvilles and 1483

Re Ralph Shaa: Stillington, the Woodvilles and 1483

2019-06-25 16:49:18
mariewalsh2003

Just a couple of things I wanted to note as I read through the thread:

1) If the Woodvilles had been planning for Edward IV's early demise (i.e. a takeover in the event of same), would they not have found a reason to persuade Edward IV to keep his growing son at court - like sitting on the royal council to learn the ropes? They actually seem to me to have been determined in April 1483 but woefully unprepared.

2) Hilary, could you possibly let me have the reference in the Lateran Registers for Stillington complaining to the Pope about George Neville's nepotism? I'm afraid I can't find it.

Re: Re Ralph Shaa: Stillington, the Woodvilles and 1483

2019-06-27 12:44:01
Hilary Jones
With pleasure Marie. I'm decorating at the moment but will dig it out when I can reach my notes :) :) H
On Tuesday, 25 June 2019, 16:51:03 BST, mariewalsh2003 <[email protected]> wrote:

Just a couple of things I wanted to note as I read through the thread:

1) If the Woodvilles had been planning for Edward IV's early demise (i.e. a takeover in the event of same), would they not have found a reason to persuade Edward IV to keep his growing son at court - like sitting on the royal council to learn the ropes? They actually seem to me to have been determined in April 1483 but woefully unprepared.

2) Hilary, could you possibly let me have the reference in the Lateran Registers for Stillington complaining to the Pope about George Neville's nepotism? I'm afraid I can't find it.

Re: Re Ralph Shaa: Stillington, the Woodvilles and 1483

2019-06-27 22:48:03
mariewalsh2003

Thanks, that would be great.

With pleasure Marie. I'm decorating at the moment but will dig it out when I can reach my notes :) :) H

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.