Those b***ads in the Tower!

Those b***ads in the Tower!

2019-05-11 15:20:39
Paul Trevor Bale

Next Saturday Channel 5 is showing a programme presented by Dan« I'm so trendy » Jones entitles Who Killed The Princes In The Tower.
I think just the title alone tells you what nonsense Jones will be presenting as it starts by assuming the sons of Edward IV were murdered and there is a crime to solve.
I'll watch it, but with my arms tied behind my back for fear I might throw something at my expensive giant screen tv!
Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

Re: Those b***ads in the Tower!

2019-05-11 16:36:04
A J Hibbard
Nope - don't think I would venture to do so. It's just so aggravating. Not to mention badly researched history.
A J

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 9:20 AM Paul Trevor Bale bale.paul-trevor@... [] <> wrote:

Next Saturday Channel 5 is showing a programme presented by Dan« I'm so trendy » Jones entitles Who Killed The Princes In The Tower..
I think just the title alone tells you what nonsense Jones will be presenting as it starts by assuming the sons of Edward IV were murdered and there is a crime to solve.
I'll watch it, but with my arms tied behind my back for fear I might throw something at my expensive giant screen tv!
Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

2019-05-11 17:29:10
Hilary Jones
Dan Jones appears in nearly every popular history programme. He must have a VAST knowledge of history (and a very influential sponsor). I shan't watch. H
On Saturday, 11 May 2019, 16:36:07 BST, A J Hibbard ajhibbard@... [] <> wrote:

Nope - don't think I would venture to do so. It's just so aggravating. Not to mention badly researched history.
A J

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 9:20 AM Paul Trevor Bale bale.paul-trevor@... [] <> wrote:

Next Saturday Channel 5 is showing a programme presented by Dan« I'm so trendy » Jones entitles Who Killed The Princes In The Tower..
Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

2019-05-11 18:02:29
Paul Trevor Bale
For me he's a male Alison Weir who marches about in jeans and leather jacket trying to be Michael Woods. Unfortunately he has neither the knowledge or charisma of Michael Woods. But somebody in tv land clearly loves him not realising he spouts rubbish most of the time when it comes to the fifteenth Century!Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad
Le 11 mai 2019 à 18:29, Hilary Jones hjnatdat@... [] <> a écrit :

Dan Jones appears in nearly every popular history programme. He must have a VAST knowledge of history (and a very influential sponsor). I shan't watch. H

A J

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 9:20 AM Paul Trevor Bale bale..paul-trevor@... [] <> wrote:

Next Saturday Channel 5 is showing a programme presented by Dan« I'm so trendy » Jones entitles Who Killed The Princes In The Tower..
Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

2019-05-11 18:57:13
Stephen
Is this a new episode?
If so, he is clearly ignoring JAH's mtDNA *evidence* that can easily be tested.
Jones is, of course, the Starkeyraptor's protégé.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 11 May 2019 18:02
To:
Subject: Re: Those b***ads in the Tower!

For me he's a male Alison Weir who marches about in jeans and leather jacket trying to be Michael Woods. Unfortunately he has neither the knowledge or charisma of Michael Woods. But somebody in tv land clearly loves him not realising he spouts rubbish most of the time when it comes to the fifteenth Century!
Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

Le 11 mai 2019 à 18:29, Hilary Jones hjnatdat@... [] <> a écrit :

Dan Jones appears in nearly every popular history programme. He must have a VAST knowledge of history (and a very influential sponsor). I shan't watch.  H

A J

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 9:20 AM Paul Trevor Bale bale...paul-trevor@... [] <> wrote:

Next Saturday Channel 5 is showing a programme presented by Dan« I'm so trendy » Jones entitles Who Killed The Princes In The Tower..
Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

Re: {Disarmed} [Richard III Society Forum] Those b***ads in the Towe

2019-05-12 03:09:13
Doug Stamate
Paul, There are times when it's good to only have BBCAmerica available... Doug Paul wrote:  Next Saturday Channel 5 is showing a programme presented by Dan« I'm so trendy » Jones entitles Who Killed The Princes In The Tower.
--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

Re: {Disarmed} [Richard III Society Forum] Those b***ads in the Towe

2019-05-12 03:11:51
Pamela Bain
Love it, my fellows!
On May 11, 2019, at 9:09 PM, 'Doug Stamate' destama@... [] <> wrote:

Paul, There are times when it's good to only have BBCAmerica available... Doug Paul wrote:  Next Saturday Channel 5 is showing a programme presented by Dan« I'm so trendy » Jones entitles Who Killed The Princes In The Tower.
--
believed to be clean.

2019-05-12 04:36:21
Doug Stamate
Paul, While I recognized the name, I didn't really know anything about him, so I cheated and tried Wikipedia. The second sentence in the intro says: He was educated at Pembroke College, Cambridge where he was taught by David Starkey. (my emphasis) Doug Who, even if I don't always with him, much prefers Michael Woods. Paul wrote: For me he's a male Alison Weir who marches about in jeans and leather jacket trying to be Michael Woods. Unfortunately he has neither the knowledge or charisma of Michael Woods. But somebody in tv land clearly loves him not realising he spouts rubbish most of the time when it comes to the fifteenth Century!
--
believed to be clean.

2019-05-12 04:39:35
Doug Stamate
"Starkeyraptor"! I am SO stealing that!
Doug

Stephen wrote:
"Is this a new episode?
If so, he is clearly ignoring JAH's mtDNA *evidence* that can easily be
tested.
Jones is, of course, the Starkeyraptor's protégé."

--
believed to be clean.

2019-05-12 09:45:31
Hilary Jones
Michael Wood was on the other night doing a biography of Anne Hathaway. As thorough and captivating as ever. I think age has even improved him! :) H
On Sunday, 12 May 2019, 04:36:27 BST, 'Doug Stamate' destama@... [] <> wrote:

Paul, While I recognized the name, I didn't really know anything about him, so I cheated and tried Wikipedia. The second sentence in the intro says: He was educated at Pembroke College, Cambridge where he was taught by David Starkey. (my emphasis) Doug Who, even if I don't always with him, much prefers Michael Woods. Paul wrote: For me he's a male Alison Weir who marches about in jeans and leather jacket trying to be Michael Woods. Unfortunately he has neither the knowledge or charisma of Michael Woods. But somebody in tv land clearly loves him not realising he spouts rubbish most of the time when it comes to the fifteenth Century!
--
believed to be clean.

2019-05-12 11:34:27
Paul Trevor Bale
A new programme according to tv listings. But a Tudor propaganda mostly I expect.

Envoyé de mon iPad
Le 11 mai 2019 à 19:57, Stephen stephenmlark@... [] <> a écrit :

Is this a new episode?
If so, he is clearly ignoring JAH's mtDNA *evidence* that can easily be tested.
Jones is, of course, the Starkeyraptor's protégé.

Sent: 11 May 2019 18:02
To:

For me he's a male Alison Weir who marches about in jeans and leather jacket trying to be Michael Woods. Unfortunately he has neither the knowledge or charisma of Michael Woods. But somebody in tv land clearly loves him not realising he spouts rubbish most of the time when it comes to the fifteenth Century!
Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

Le 11 mai 2019 à 18:29, Hilary Jones hjnatdat@... [] <> a écrit :

A J

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 9:20 AM Paul Trevor Bale bale...paul-trevor@... [] <> wrote:

Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

2019-05-12 15:10:33
Paul Trevor Bale
Isn't « educated by David Starkey » an oxymoron?Having Starkey teaching you must be a bit like being in the Hitler youth!Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad
Le 12 mai 2019 à 10:45, Hilary Jones hjnatdat@... [] <> a écrit :

Michael Wood was on the other night doing a biography of Anne Hathaway. As thorough and captivating as ever. I think age has even improved him! :) H

--
believed to be clean.

2019-05-12 15:46:56
Stephen
Actually, rather too appropriate if you think who shared Starkey's lower limb problem!

Sent: 12 May 2019 15:10
To:

Isn't « educated by David Starkey » an oxymoron?
Having Starkey teaching you must be a bit like being in the Hitler youth!
Paul
Envoyé de mon iPad

Le 12 mai 2019 à 10:45, Hilary Jones hjnatdat@... [] <> a écrit :

Michael Wood was on the other night doing a biography of Anne Hathaway. As thorough and captivating as ever. I think age has even improved him! :)  H

Paul,
While I recognized the name, I didn't really know anything about him, so I cheated and tried Wikipedia. The second sentence in the intro says:
He was educated at Pembroke College, Cambridge where he was taught by David Starkey. (my emphasis)
Doug
Who, even if I don't always with him, much prefers Michael Woods.

Paul wrote:

--
believed to be clean.

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.