Richard III Research and Discussion Archive.

Pamela Tudor-Craig's death

Pamela Tudor-Craig's death

2017-12-19 14:30:17
On the occasion of her recent death, I want to pay my respect to Pamela Tudor-Craig, who allready in the early seventies, through meticolous research and her excellent expertise as an Art Historian, when studying the Society of Antiquary's Portrait of Richard III, came to the conclusion, ".that the internal evidence points most strongly to it's having been a faithfull copy of an orginal painted in the sitters lifetime."
It took more than 30 years and a facial reconstruction of dubious success in representing Richard, till Dr. Tury King, after her DNA- research stated, that this picture is probably the best likeness that we have.

I will always treasure Pamela Tudor-Craig's catalog of the 1973 Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery!

Eva

Re: Pamela Tudor-Craig's death

2017-12-19 15:14:50
Paul Trevor Bale
Thank you Eva for your touching and well deserved tribute.I too treasure that catalogue, and my memories of the exhibition.Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad
Le 19 déc. 2017 à 15:30, eva.pitter@... [] <> a écrit :

On the occasion of her recent death, I want to pay my respect to Pamela Tudor-Craig, who allready in the early seventies, through meticolous research and her excellent expertise as an Art Historian, when studying the Society of Antiquary's Portrait of Richard III, came to the conclusion, ".that the internal evidence points most strongly to it's having been a faithfull copy of an orginal painted in the sitters lifetime."
It took more than 30 years and a facial reconstruction of dubious success in representing Richard, till Dr. Tury King, after her DNA- research stated, that this picture is probably the best likeness that we have.

I will always treasure Pamela Tudor-Craig's catalog of the 1973 Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery!

Eva

Re: Pamela Tudor-Craig's death

2017-12-19 15:27:13
Hilary Jones
I would echo that Eva. She was one of the 'stars' of the Trial, in the days when it took a great deal of courage to show your support for Richard without being classed as a sentimentalist or 'loon'. In fact she brought a great deal of gravitas to it. H
On Tuesday, 19 December 2017, 14:30:23 GMT, eva.pitter@... [] <> wrote:

Eva

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.