Richard III Research and Discussion Archive

Castles

2017-06-30 10:27:06
Paul Trevor Bale
Pleased to see Sam Willis series on the history of British castles getting another HD airing On BBC4. Straightforward, visually impressive series, unlike the recent Dan Jones on C5 where if there was a juicy legend to associate with a building he served it up as real history, complete with cheap looking reenactments.
None of such nonsense with Mr Willis.
Well worth the detour, as they say in the Michelin!
They are also repeating the rather good Medieval Lives series.
Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

Re: Castles

2017-07-01 18:27:20
Hilary Jones
Thanks Paul, I haven't seen that one but I have the Dan Jones :) Will look both up. H

To:
Sent: Friday, 30 June 2017, 10:27
Subject: Castles

Pleased to see Sam Willis series on the history of British castles getting another HD airing On BBC4. Straightforward, visually impressive series, unlike the recent Dan Jones on C5 where if there was a juicy legend to associate with a building he served it up as real history, complete with cheap looking reenactments.
Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

2017-07-01 18:28:57
Hilary Jones
While you're 'there' it was you who said about the Buckingham/Clarence wine tour wasn't it? H

To:

Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad

2017-07-01 19:29:08
Paul Trevor Bale
Yes it was, and I've searched high and low in my notes trying to find out where I got it from.Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad
Le 1 juil. 2017 à 19:24, Hilary Jones hjnatdat@... [] <> a écrit :

While you're 'there' it was you who said about the Buckingham/Clarence wine tour wasn't it? H

To:

Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad