The Petition on Change.org

The Petition on Change.org

2017-06-24 18:29:28
Johanne Tournier

Hi, All 

Today is the proposed deadline for signing Joanne Larner's petition on Change.org which opposes the performance of Shakespeare's play King Richard III in Leicester Cathedral. There are now 1288 signatures in support, leaving them still 212 short of their goal of 1250. Here is the link to the page 

https://www.change.org/p/leicester-cathedral-stop-this-sacrilege/u/20501783

Also on that page is the video Joanne made in support of the petition, which is a concise summary of the arguments against the performance. While I realize that the Cathedral authorities may choose to ignore the protest, I believe that it is worth while to stand up in opposition to something which is such a tasteless exercise. So I ask that you take just a few minutes to go to the page and sign the petition. You never know, it might do some good!

Johanne

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: The Petition on Change.org

2017-06-24 18:53:39
Pamela Bain
Now it is lacking 211!
On Jun 24, 2017, at 12:29 PM, Johanne Tournier jltournier60@... [] <> wrote:

Hi, All 

Today is the proposed deadline for signing Joanne Larner's petition on Change.org which opposes the performance of Shakespeare's play King Richard III in Leicester Cathedral. There are now 1288 signatures in support, leaving them still 212 short of their goal of 1250. Here is the link to the page 

Also on that page is the video Joanne made in support of the petition, which is a concise summary of the arguments against the performance. While I realize that the Cathedral authorities may choose to ignore the protest, I believe that it is worth while to stand up in opposition to something which is such a tasteless exercise. So I ask that you take just a few minutes to go to the page and sign the petition. You never know, it might do some good!

Johanne

Re: The Petition on Change.org

2017-06-24 20:00:49
Johanne Tournier
Thanks, Pamela!

Johanne

Get Outlook for Android
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 2:53:39 PM
To:
Subject: Re: The Petition on Change.org

Now it is lacking 211!
On Jun 24, 2017, at 12:29 PM, Johanne Tournier jltournier60@... [] <> wrote:

Hi, All 

Johanne

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.