Richard III Research and Discussion Archive.

Best books on Henry Tudor

Best books on Henry Tudor

2017-06-20 15:02:41
Karen O
  I have just requested Winter King from my public library. I read a blurb. He ruled as an absolute tyrant imprisoning people so he could extort money. Sounds depressing, but I will be brave. Any other good titles? I wish John  would write THE book in him.

Re: Best books on Henry Tudor

2017-06-20 15:32:53
Hilary Jones
The Winter King is a very, very good book Karen. That's about HT, not Richard H

To:
Sent: Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 15:02
Subject: Best books on Henry Tudor

I have just requested Winter King from my public library. I read a blurb. He ruled as an absolute tyrant imprisoning people so he could extort money. Sounds depressing, but I will be brave. Any other good titles? I wish John would write THE book in him.

2017-06-20 15:50:44
Karen O
Sorry , yes I meant HT, the winter King.
On Jun 20, 2017 10:32 AM, "Hilary Jones hjnatdat@... []" <> wrote:

The Winter King is a very, very good book Karen. That's about HT, not Richard  H

To: @ yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, 20 June 2017, 15:02
Subject: Best books on Henry Tudor

I have just requested Winter King from my public library. I read a blurb. He ruled as an absolute tyrant imprisoning people so he could extort money. Sounds depressing, but I will be brave. Any other good titles? I wish John  would write THE book in him.

2017-06-20 16:12:25
Paul Trevor Bale
Winter King is very well written. Thomas Penn also did a television programme based on his book. In both he clearly tried to find something nice to say about Henry, but couldn't, and in summation, he really didn't like him at all.Only thing can be said about Henry is he was successful at hanging onto the crown because he always used one hand to hold it.Paul

Envoyé de mon iPad
Le 20 juin 2017 à 15:53, Karen O karenoder4@... [] <> a écrit :

I have just requested Winter King from my public library. I read a blurb. He ruled as an absolute tyrant imprisoning people so he could extort money. Sounds depressing, but I will be brave. Any other good titles? I wish John would write THE book in him.

2017-06-20 23:49:47
Durose David
Karen,The Winter King is excellent and detailed. Its only fault, to my mind, is that in order to justify its title it concentrates on the end of Henry's reign, when the deaths of son, wife and many of the men who shared his exile in Brittany, together with illness and weariness from dealing with pretenders had taken their toll.
Other recommendations - S B Chrimesand Griffiths / Thomas 'The Making of the Tudor Dynasty'
RegardsDavid

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

2017-06-21 13:10:26
Karen
Oh that's too bad. I'm glad it was no bed if roses for him.
On Jun 20, 2017 6:29 PM, "Durose David daviddurose2000@... []" <> wrote:

Karen,

The Winter King is excellent and detailed. Its only fault, to my mind, is that in order to justify its title it concentrates on the end of Henry's reign, when the deaths of son, wife and many of the men who shared his exile in Brittany, together with illness and weariness from dealing with pretenders had taken their toll.
Other recommendations - S B Chrimesand Griffiths / Thomas 'The Making of the Tudor Dynasty'
RegardsDavid

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.