Sir George Buck's 1619 History of King Richard III, edited by Arthur

Sir George Buck's 1619 History of King Richard III, edited by Arthur

2017-05-17 17:45:23
rgcorris

Wikipedia tells me this was first published in 1979 as the definitive edition of Buck's work, and therefore earlier editions of Buck are presumably the abridged versions. The book seems to have had a 1982 edition published by Alan Sutton. Copies seem to be fetching the best part of £150. I would like a copy but the price is really too steep for me. Can anyone clarify why it seems to be long out of print and rare, particularly when the sainted More's libellous history is readily available ? Is there any known reason why a new edition hasn't been made available at a slightly more affordable price ?

Richard G

Re: Sir George Buck's 1619 History of King Richard III, edited by Ar

2017-05-17 17:54:34
A J Hibbard
According to Annette Carson, Prof Kincaid is working on a new edition.

A J

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 11:45 AM, RSG_Corris@... [] <> wrote:

Wikipedia tells me this was first published in 1979 as the definitive edition of Buck's work, and therefore earlier editions of Buck are presumably the abridged versions. The book seems to have had a 1982 edition published by Alan Sutton. Copies seem to be fetching the best part of £150. I would like a copy but the price is really too steep for me. Can anyone clarify why it seems to be long out of print and rare, particularly when the sainted More's libellous history is readily available ? Is there any known reason why a new edition hasn't been made available at a slightly more affordable price ?

Richard G

Re: Sir George Buck's 1619 History of King Richard III, edited by Ar

2017-05-17 18:18:18
Karen O
I'd like it too. It was listed in an Ohio library but seems to be lost.
On May 17, 2017 12:45 PM, "RSG_Corris@... []" <> wrote:

Wikipedia tells me this was first published in 1979 as the definitive edition of Buck's work, and therefore earlier editions of Buck are presumably the abridged versions. The book seems to have had a 1982 edition published by Alan Sutton. Copies seem to be fetching the best part of £150. I would like a copy but the price is really too steep for me. Can anyone clarify why it seems to be long out of print and rare, particularly when the sainted More's libellous history is readily available ? Is there any known reason why a new edition hasn't been made available at a slightly more affordable price ?

Richard G

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.