Old maps of the North Riding?

Old maps of the North Riding?

2016-03-12 04:45:55
maroonnavywhite
I'm looking around for old yet reasonably accurate digitsed maps of the North Riding, particularly of the area around Middleham and Leyburn. Anyone know of a good purveyor thereof?
Tamara

Re: Old maps of the North Riding?

2016-03-12 18:54:19
mariewalsh2003

Depends how early you want, and in what sort of detail. Your can view the 19thC Series 1 ordnance survey maps on the National Library of Scotland website for free:

Ordnance Survey Maps Six-inch England and Wales, 1842-1952 - National Library of Scotland

Ordnance Survey Maps Six-inch England and Wales, 1... Ordnance Survey Maps - Six-inch England and Wales, 1842-1952 The most comprehensive, topographic mapping covering all of England and W... View on maps.nls.uk Preview by Yahoo

2016-03-12 22:11:41
Sharon Feely
ΓΏ There's also www.old-maps.co.uk which cover a range from the 19thC onwards (areas vary as to how many maps are available). Some are far more detailed than others. Sharon ----- Original Message ----- From: mariewalsh2003 To: Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2016 6:54 PM Subject: Re: Old maps of the North Riding?

Depends how early you want, and in what sort of detail. Your can view the 19thC Series 1 ordnance survey maps on the National Library of Scotland website for free:

Ordnance Survey Maps Six-inch England and Wales, 1842-1952 - National Library of Scotland

Ordnance Survey Maps Six-inch England and Wales, 1... Ordna nce Survey Maps - Six-inch England and Wales, 1842-1952 The most comprehensive, topographic mapping covering all of England and W... View on maps.nls.uk Preview by Yahoo

2016-03-13 02:01:02
maroonnavywhite
Thank you, ladies! Between the two of you I expect I will have the map issue sorted.
Tamara
Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.