Hurray!

Hurray!

2016-02-19 12:02:54
Paul Trevor Bale
Went through and came to me email so will try sending the post I sent three times last week again! Apologies if it came through without my knowing it and you're reading it again!

According the the radio drama Plantagenet and the episode o n Richard, it appears everyone during that period of history were extremely stupid!
Edward IV, or rather Ned, for example, had to be told that Lizzie Woodville's father Lord Rivers is on your council; Richard had to tell Buckingham, always for some reason called Stafford" here, had to be told by Richard I lost a son you know? just after he had reported that he'd decided to murder the boys in the Tower. Earlier Clarence, never ever George, said to Stafford, who had popped into the Tower to murder Clarence, You want the crown yourself, don't you?
Biggest laugh of all, after I realised this was comedy not to taken seriously was when Stafford went north to tell Richard, Dick of course, who was mucking out the hogs when he arrives, that Ned is dead. "Dead? Ned? Really? I do to believe you.
All this tosh was supposed tone based on Holinshed, which was also I believe Shakespeare's source, so one wonders how the Bard came up with so much wonderful dialogue, while whoever wrote Plantagenet could only find c**p!
What with Dan Jones on tv talking people about the infamous Richard III, my hero has not had a good week in the media, he even got a mention in Coronation Street, erroneous, of course, when Maurice/Morris said, "Look at Richard III, he didn't know Henry Tudor was going to invade and look what happened.
Oh and Dan Jones, all his historical inaccuracies apart, had East European actors with big bushy beards, Richard's was big and black naturally, playing his characters in armour from the Norman era, dressed in costumes from the local school play.
Oh dear oh dear, oh dear.
Paul
Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.