Yahoo and groups

Yahoo and groups

2016-02-19 08:30:59
Paul Bale
Just a test to see if having been told I no longer am a member I was sent an email saying I have not been approved, then told my request has been denied. So Yahoo are screwing with everything.I also started a group a few years ago on the French Revolution of which I am only one of two moderators. According to yahoo I am not allowed to post as I am not a member!!Does Yahoo no longer want groups to function ay more? Have they given in to Facebook or is Facebook running them now?I have no idea but it makes no sense!Is everyone else getting their updates still?Paul

Re: Yahoo and groups

2016-02-19 08:43:08
Neil Trump
To all:
I replied to Paul just now direct to say that for some reason Yahoo messed him up as a member for some reason, Paul re-applied and left the reason for joining blank, thinking I would spot it as him but I missed it and automatically rejected it. I rejected it was because I get a lot of emails wishing to join that are blank in the reason to join area as they are more often than not robot applications and I got caught out some time ago like this and said I wouldn't do it again.
I then asked Paul to send another application in again with something in the 'reason' box which he did and this processed OK.
The rejection emails for some reason are on a timer that will eventually send an email to,the sender that they have been rejected. Rejections are done this way to help keep the group free of spam robots making a nuisance to everyone on the forum, it works well most of the time and sometimes there are some little issues but I would rather have it this way than the other.
Regards,
Moderator.

On 19 Feb 2016, at 08:23, "Paul Bale ptb2016@... []" <> wrote:

Just a test to see if having been told I no longer am a member I was sent an email saying I have not been approved, then told my request has been denied. So Yahoo are screwing with everything.I also started a group a few years ago on the French Revolution of which I am only one of two moderators. According to yahoo I am not allowed to post as I am not a member!!Does Yahoo no longer want groups to function ay more? Have they given in to Facebook or is Facebook running them now?I have no idea but it makes no sense!Is everyone else getting their updates still?Paul

2016-02-19 10:37:07
Paul Bale
Interesting that the test and Neil's reply came through but a post I made about Richard is still not showing up!@Paul

On Friday, 19 February 2016, 8:43, "Neil Trump neil.trump@... []" <> wrote:

To all:
I replied to Paul just now direct to say that for some reason Yahoo messed him up as a member for some reason, Paul re-applied and left the reason for joining blank, thinking I would spot it as him but I missed it and automatically rejected it. I rejected it was because I get a lot of emails wishing to join that are blank in the reason to join area as they are more often than not robot applications and I got caught out some time ago like this and said I wouldn't do it again.
I then asked Paul to send another application in again with something in the 'reason' box which he did and this processed OK.
The rejection emails for some reason are on a timer that will eventually send an email to,the sender that they have been rejected. Rejections are done this way to help keep the group free of spam robots making a nuisance to everyone on the forum, it works well most of the time and sometimes there are some little issues but I would rather have it this way than the other.
Regards,
Moderator.

On 19 Feb 2016, at 08:23, "Paul Bale ptb2016@... []" <> wrote:

2016-02-19 11:56:32
Pamela Bain
Not many posts from this group, but I do see your posts on Facebook.
On Feb 19, 2016, at 2:31 AM, Paul Bale ptb2016@... [] <> wrote:

Just a test to see if having been told I no longer am a member I was sent an email saying I have not been approved, then told my request has been denied. So Yahoo are screwing with everything. I also started a group a few years ago on the French Revolution of which I am only one of two moderators. According to yahoo I am not allowed to post as I am not a member!! Does Yahoo no longer want groups to function ay more? Have they given in to Facebook or is Facebook running them now? I have no idea but it makes no sense! Is everyone else getting their updates still? Paul

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.