Football

Football

2016-02-07 15:10:27
Jessie Skinner
I know nothing whatever about football, but couldn't help but notice on the general news that Leicester City are apparently top of the league and beating everyone.
The commentator said the City of Leicester was undergoing a renaissance.
Presumably we can thank the discovery of Richard III for this?
Rather wonderful really if it's true.

Jess

Re: Football

2016-02-07 16:01:46
margarethart46
Hello all, I am a long-time lurker and most interested reader of the fascinating discussions that take place on this board, but the post which has finally persuaded me to put fingertips to keyboard is this one from Jess about the Leicester football team. I too have noticed their rise to the top of the league and thought Richard must have something to do with it - and when I've caught glimpses of the players on the news, they are wearing tops with 'KING power' on the front! Well, what more proof do we need?!
Margaret.

2016-02-07 19:00:22
ALISON PRATER

Leicester City are indeed top of the Premiership.  I'm not sure that Richard III has had much to do with it though, especially as Leicestershire County Cricket Club are the worst in the country!

Ali

On 07 February 2016 at 15:10 "Jessie Skinner janjovian@... []" <> wrote:

I know nothing whatever about football, but couldn't help but notice on the general news that Leicester City are apparently top of the league and beating everyone.
Presumably we can thank the discovery of Richard  III for this?

Jess

2016-02-08 00:04:06
Jessie Skinner
Oh well, once the season starts perhaps Richard will spread his spirit over them too!
Jess

Sent from my iPad
On 7 Feb 2016, at 19:00, ALISON PRATER alison.prater@... [] <> wrote:

Leicester City are indeed top of the Premiership. I'm not sure that Richard III has had much to do with it though, especially as Leicestershire County Cricket Club are the worst in the country!

Ali

Jess

2016-02-08 14:54:15
Hilary Jones
Of course! Forgot to tell you, about eighteen months' ago I wrote on this forum about the tremendous bang of thunder we had at Leicester when I was at a wedding there and the bride's carriage horses did a bolt. Well the woman driving the carriage was the one who would drive his funeral carriage through Leicester ..... Couldn't believe it when I saw her on telly. H

To:
Sent: Monday, 8 February 2016, 0:04
Subject: Re: Football

Oh well, once the season starts perhaps Richard will spread his spirit over them too!
Jess

Sent from my iPad
On 7 Feb 2016, at 19:00, ALISON PRATER alison.prater@... [] <> wrote:

Leicester City are indeed top of the Premiership. I'm not sure that Richard III has had much to do with it though, especially as Leicestershire County Cricket Club are the worst in the country!

Ali

Jess

2016-02-08 17:15:44
margarethart46
Alison - perhaps Richard has not yet figured out the rules of cricket, and can't decide whether it is worth supporting!
Margaret.

2016-02-09 09:44:14
Nicholas Brown
I hadn't made any connection between Richard and Leicester City, but you never know. They have never been that good before, not even when Gary Lineker was playing for them. Since the best the Canaries can hope for is avoiding relegation, that is one good reason to cheer on the Foxes.
Nico

On Monday, 8 February 2016, 17:15, "margha1@... []" <> wrote:

Alison - perhaps Richard has not yet figured out the rules of cricket, and can't decide whether it is worth supporting!
Margaret.

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.