Hicks' 'Family of Richard III'

Hicks' 'Family of Richard III'

2015-11-27 15:46:39
mariewalsh2003

Wondering if anyone on the forum has bought this book, and could kindly do a page look-up for me?

Marie

Re: Hicks' 'Family of Richard III'

2015-11-27 17:01:07
Paul Trevor Bale
Hicks? Avoid like the plague.Paul
On 27 Nov 2015, at 15:46, mariewalsh2003 <[email protected]> wrote:

Wondering if anyone on the forum has bought this book, and could kindly do a page look-up for me?

Marie

2015-11-27 18:58:57
mariewalsh2003
Paul, I'm not intending to agree with him but I do need a page ref for an article. I noticed you've reviewed the book on Amazon so I presume you have read it.

2015-11-27 20:20:56
Paul Trevor Bale

Sorry. Thought you were considering buying it!Paul
On 27 Nov 2015, at 18:58, mariewalsh2003 <[email protected]> wrote:

Paul, I'm not intending to agree with him but I do need a page ref for an article. I noticed you've reviewed the book on Amazon so I presume you have read it.

2015-12-05 21:53:15
stephenmlark
I have actually read a chapter of this, stuck in the library before a meeting. It was the one about the identification of Richard's remains and he doesn't analyse the evidence together:
Just one missing word mars a conclusion Just one missing word mars a conclusion I have recently perused the critical pages (180-191) of Michael Hicks' latest work: "The Family of Richard III", relating to the evidence of the remai... View on murreyandblue.wor... Preview by Yahoo

2016-01-08 02:43:38
poohlandeva
Yes, Paul, I unfortunately brought the book. I did find part of it interesting, once I had read the genealogical chapters several times, but the evidence that Richard iii is not Richard iii made my blood boil. I had pre ordered it a long time before it came out and forgot about it. It was not what I expected and I am disappointed. However, I was too embarrassed to return it, so am stuck with it. I am certain Oxfam will appreciate it, but it should have a health warning.

2016-01-08 10:13:34
Paul Trevor Bale
Like Weir, Hicks makes up facts to suit his prejudices and own ideas of history, many of which are countered by facts again and again. Waste of space his books. Poor Oxfam! :-)Paul

On 8 Jan 2016, at 02:43, poohlandeva <[email protected]> wrote:

Yes, Paul, I unfortunately brought the book. I did find part of it interesting, once I had read the genealogical chapters several times, but the evidence that Richard iii is not Richard iii made my blood boil. I had pre ordered it a long time before it came out and forgot about it. It was not what I expected and I am disappointed. However, I was too embarrassed to return it, so am stuck with it. I am certain Oxfam will appreciate it, but it should have a health warning.

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.