Much ado about not much

Much ado about not much

2015-06-01 17:44:31
Pamela Bain

I am noodling around on Ancestry.com. One of my distant cousins and I are working in tandem. These past few days have been such fun. Yesterday we found an ancestor who fought and died at Agincourt , and another who was one of the 25 who held the Magna Carta. If that was not fun enough, today we found our link to Roger Mortimer.

How interesting, since our starting point was our shared great grandfather who was a farmer in East Texas ! As I said, much ado about nothing, but, I thought it might be of interest – just in passing. If only I had known then, what I know now, I would have asked my great grandfather so many more questions, and paid way more attention to British History in college. It was fascinating then, but even more so now! Unfortunately, not a crown jewel to be found.

Happy June 1st ,

Pamela

Re: Much ado about not much

2015-06-01 22:53:32
Janjovian
That is brilliant, Pamela. Well done.

JessFrom: Pamela Bain pbain@... []
Sent: 01/06/2015 17:44
To:
Subject: Much ado about not much

I am noodling around on Ancestry.com. One of my distant cousins and I are working in tandem. These past few days have been such fun. Yesterday we found an ancestor who fought and died at Agincourt , and another who was one of the 25 who held the Magna Carta. If that was not fun enough, today we found our link to Roger Mortimer.

How interesting, since our starting point was our shared great grandfather who was a farmer in East Texas ! As I said, much ado about nothing, but, I thought it might be of interest  just in passing. If only I had known then, what I know now, I would have asked my great grandfather so many more questions, and paid way more attention to British History in college. It was fascinating then, but even more so now! Unfortunately, not a crown jewel to be found.

Happy June 1st ,

Pamela

Re: Much ado about not much

2015-06-01 23:44:03
Pamela Bain
We kept digging this afternoon, and found that William the Conqueror is our 29th great grandfather.......and we have ties to the Plantagenets, Stuarts and Tudors. I doubt that means a cuppa at Buckingham Palace, but it beats what I thought, scalawags and horse thieves!
I do not have that specific gene connected to Michael Ibsen, or at least if so, it was not shown on the Ancestry.com DNA Test.

On Jun 1, 2015, at 4:53 PM, Janjovian janjovian@... [] <> wrote:

That is brilliant, Pamela. Well done.

Jess From: Pamela Bain pbain@... []
Sent: 01/06/2015 17:44
To:
Subject: Much ado about not much

How interesting, since our starting point was our shared great grandfather who was a farmer in East Texas ! As I said, much ado about nothing, but, I thought it might be of interest  just in passing. If only I had known then, what I know now, I would have asked my great grandfather so many more questions, and paid way more attention to British History in college. It was fascinating then, but even more so now! Unfortunately, not a crown jewel to be found.

Happy June 1st ,

Pamela

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.