King Richard III DNA in America

King Richard III DNA in America

2015-04-26 17:32:06

Our King Richard III American DNA project got some coverage today in Virginia's largest newspaper. This paper covers the area of the first English settlement in America.

DNA shows descendants with ties to King Richard III

DNA shows descendants with ties to King Richard III Seven people in the U.S. have an exact match of King Richard III's maternal DNA. Three of the seven descend from Polly Sawyer, who lived in Elizabeth City in th... View on hamptonroads.com Preview by Yahoo

Re: King Richard III DNA in America

2015-04-26 17:52:54
Pamela Bain
I am working on my families, and have early settlers in Virginia. I will check and see if any of our family surnames are tied. I have done the ancestry.com test, so will also check for that marker. This is interesting!

On Apr 26, 2015, at 11:32 AM, dobrink@... [] <> wrote:

Our King Richard III American DNA project got some coverage today in Virginia's largest newspaper. This paper covers the area of the first English settlement in America.

DNA shows descendants with ties to King Richard III

DNA shows descendants with ties to King Richard III Seven people in the U.S. have an exact match of King Richard III's maternal DNA. Three of the seven descend from Polly Sawyer, who lived in Elizabeth City in th... View on hamptonroads.com Preview by Yahoo

2015-04-26 19:46:28
Thanks Pamela. I have a page about the project at: Genetic Connections: King Richard III and my maternal line back to Jamestown (1600) at: Brinkman Maternal Tree Brinkman Maternal Tree Brinkman Maternal Tree View on www.historysoft.com Preview by Yahoo

Genetic Connections: King Richard III Genetic Connections: King Richard III View on www.historysoft.com Preview by Yahoo

2015-04-26 20:14:45
Pamela Bain

Thank you very much. What got me interested in Richard III, aside from being an English Major in college, was one family line are Yorke/York. I know not Plantagenet, but I always wondered if someone way back there got to see him, or was a chimney sweep, blacksmith or anything like that. I thought our lines would be full of horse thieves and debtors. I was wrong. All the family surnames came to U.S. in the 1600’s and 1700’s, and settled in the Colonies from Maine to Georgia . I am still checking back and back, and it is so interesting, even if I am not in the line, or a Princess!

Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2015 1:34 PM
To:
Subject: Re: King Richard III DNA in America

Thanks Pamela. I have a page about the project at:

Genetic Connections: King Richard III and my maternal line back to Jamestown (1600) at: Brinkman Maternal Tree

Brinkman Maternal Tree

Brinkman Maternal Tree

View on www.historysoft.com

Preview by Yahoo

Genetic Connections: King Richard III

Genetic Connections: King Richard III

View on www.historysoft.com

Preview by Yahoo

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.