Dr Helen Castor

Dr Helen Castor

2015-04-21 12:21:33
Janjovian
Did anyone else watch Dr Helen Castor on BBC 4 last night?
A wonderful programme on "birth" in medieval Britain.
It really was excellent, most informative, and revealed much information on attitudes to women, and how this was propagated by the church at that time.
Reference was made to Margaret Beaufort and her pregnancy at age 13, as well as the Pastons, and many of Henry VIII wives, who also had terrible birth experiences.
Literally life and death.
I highly recommend it to anyone with BBC i player who can get to see it.

Jess

Re: Dr Helen Castor

2015-04-21 13:06:36
Hilary Jones
It's been around for some time now and I agree is good. She also does marriage and death. She's the author of 'Blood and Roses' on the Pastons and the 'She Wolves Early Medieval Queens', which is a book and also a programme and very sympathetic towards Margaret of Anjou. H
To: "" <>
Sent: Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 12:21
Subject: Dr Helen Castor

It really was excellent, most informative, and revealed much information on attitudes to women, and how this was propagated by the church at that time.
Reference was made to Margaret Beaufort and her pregnancy at age 13, as well as the Pastons, and many of Henry VIII wives, who also had terrible birth experiences.
I highly recommend it to anyone with BBC i player who can get to see it.

Jess

Re: Dr Helen Castor

2015-04-21 13:17:37
Jessie Skinner

Thank you Hilary. I will definitely try to see the other episodes.
I did see her series on She Wolves.

Jess

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

To: <>;
Subject: Re: Dr Helen Castor
Sent: Tue, Apr 21, 2015 12:06:30 PM

It's been around for some time now and I agree is good. She also does marriage and death. She's the author of 'Blood and Roses' on the Pastons and the 'She Wolves Early Medieval Queens', which is a book and also a programme and very sympathetic towards Margaret of Anjou. H
To: "" <>
Sent: Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 12:21
Subject: Dr Helen Castor

I highly recommend it to anyone with BBC  i player who can get to see it.

Jess

Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.