Windsor rethink needed.

Windsor rethink needed.

2015-03-25 11:28:46
ggdentist

Having seen the huge interest in King Richard's re-interment maybe the current Royal family may consider sending a more senior royal to tomorrow's service. If not then the very least they can do is re-write the content of the Monarchy web page where it states Richard, "The Usurper". If Richard was then Henry V11 most certainly was as well. Something they fail to mention.

If it doesn't change then perhaps a petition could be set up to ask them to reconsider.

Very much looking forward to tomorrow but prepared with a big box of tissues!

Gillian

Re: Windsor rethink needed.

2015-03-25 11:42:33
b.eileen25
Yes it will be sad,,,try to remember too it is a triumph. For Richard to be rescued from a car park and get a tomb that we all can visit...also he will not have to share his tomb as Henry Vll does with a gooseberry...i.e. they shoved James 1st in the vault with him and EoY...something that never fails to tickle me...Eileen

2015-03-25 11:58:28
Sandra J Machin
Can you imagine the chit-chat in there, Eileen? I mean, Henry and James I. I can hear Henry now, singing Fan-Dabi-Dozi'! And Wee Jimmy humming Danse Macabre'. EofY's contribution? Suggestions please... From: mailto: Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:42 AM To: Subject: Re: Windsor rethink needed.

Yes it will be sad,,,try to remember too it is a triumph. For Richard to be rescued from a car park and get a tomb that we all can visit...also he will not have to share his tomb as Henry Vll does with a gooseberry...i.e. they shoved James 1st in the vault with him and EoY...something that never fails to tickle me...Eileen

2015-03-25 13:32:22
b.eileen25
Lol...recall Doris Day singing "Move Over Darling"
As HT was well known for being parsimonious..except when it came to his own funeral which cost an unprecedented £7,000..natch...I expect he's been spitting feathers these last 500 years...that they had the gall to shove Wee Jimmy, renouned for his habit of dribbling,,into said tomb which cost an estimated £1,257 6s 8d..I think I have a warped sense of humour because I find it hilarious and let's face it..there's not a lot to find funny about HT is there...? Eileen

2015-03-25 14:27:37
Hilary Jones
You know despite all the 'debate' this week, no-one has said one good word for HT have they? They even took his standard down. He must indeed be spitting or being nagged by ma that he should somehow have staged a comeback in the age of mass media. Imagine him spending eternity with MB :) What really gets me though is how they keep saying that the modern age began with him. Even the more sensible historians speak as though Richard spent his life running round in armour and infer that when HT came in the world changed to John Lewis and carpet slippers. Really wish they'd do their homework. H
To:
Sent: Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 13:32
Subject: Re: Re: Windsor rethink needed.

As HT was well known for being parsimonious..except when it came to his own funeral which cost an unprecedented £7,000..natch...I expect he's been spitting feathers these last 500 years...that they had the gall to shove Wee Jimmy, renouned for his habit of dribbling,,into said tomb which cost an estimated £1,257 6s 8d..I think I have a warped sense of humour because I find it hilarious and let's face it..there's not a lot to find funny about HT is there...? Eileen

2015-03-25 22:21:58
Jan Mulrenan
Well, at the base of the statue of King Richard now laden with white roses somebody put a couple of plastic red roses & a message calling Richard a usurper & Henry a great king. Another person turned the message over. Perhaps the first somebody just got irritated or wanted to irritate. Playground activity, really. Does it remind you of anyone?Jan.

On 25 Mar 2015, at 14:27, Hilary Jones hjnatdat@... [] <> wrote:

You know despite all the 'debate' this week, no-one has said one good word for HT have they? They even took his standard down. He must indeed be spitting or being nagged by ma that he should somehow have staged a comeback in the age of mass media. Imagine him spending eternity with MB :) What really gets me though is how they keep saying that the modern age began with him. Even the more sensible historians speak as though Richard spent his life running round in armour and infer that when HT came in the world changed to John Lewis and carpet slippers. Really wish they'd do their homework. H
To:
Sent: Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 13:32
Subject: Re: Re: Windsor rethink needed.

2015-03-25 22:55:33
b.eileen25
Their mother must be really proud of them......Eileen
Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.