accessing Channel 4 for non-UK residents

accessing Channel 4 for non-UK residents

2015-03-23 00:36:21
Lisa @ The Antiques Boutique
To all non UK peeps, incase anyone might be interested in viewing the UK TV coverage of the forthcoming events, there is a download called MyexpatNetwork - it is a subscription application - £5 / about $9 a month. You will need a paypal account for paymentA good internet service.It can be used on a PC or a MACHere is the link http://www.my-expat-network.com/uk/

Once installed, you can go to Channel 4 or BBC etc & view their programmes - although Channel 4 wanted me to register with them & wanted a UK address - I just used my old address - I dont suspect that they check! So any relative or friends address should suffice. Especially if its just for a short period.
Additionally - if like me - you prefer to watch TV / movies on your TV & not a laptop you can purchase something called a 'wi-di' from Staples - for about C$60 that will wirelessly connect your PC/Mac to your TV via your wireless router.
Hope this helps a few who were maybe feeling a bit left out... like me :( 

LisaThe Antiques Boutique & Ceramic Restoration/Conservation ServicesBaddeck, Nova Scotia.Tel: 902 295 9013 / 1329
www.Antiques-Boutique.com Like us on www.facebook.com/TheAntiquesBoutiqueView our Ceramic Restoration Photos 

Re: accessing Channel 4 for non-UK residents

2015-03-23 13:54:43
eborbound
Oh, thank you! I have been cobbling together coverage by listening to BBC Leicester and looking at pictures on Instagram. I had really hoped they would show it on TV here, but I will check this out. Thanks again :)
(p.s I am really new to Yahoo groups I hope I am replying correctly....)

2015-03-23 14:18:02
Lisa @ The Antiques Boutique
yes you are replying correctly... :-)& yes expatnet is allowing me to view channel 4 on demand - although my internet connection is a bit stop start. its working.... I keep forgetting to turn on the downloaded expatnet icon BEFORE trying to view a program! note to self... doh...

LisaThe Antiques Boutique & Ceramic Restoration/Conservation ServicesBaddeck, Nova Scotia.Tel: 902 295 9013 / 1329
www.Antiques-Boutique.com Like us on www.facebook.com/TheAntiquesBoutiqueView our Ceramic Restoration Photos 
On 23 March 2015 at 10:26, eborbound@... [] <> wrote:

Oh, thank you! I have been cobbling together coverage by listening to BBC Leicester and looking at pictures on Instagram. I had really hoped they would show it on TV here, but I will check this out. Thanks again :)

(p.s I am really new to Yahoo groups I hope I am replying correctly....) 

2015-03-23 18:32:59
justcarol67

Or just go to the BBC News website for highlights: Richard III: Leicester welcomes king's remains I'm thankful that Americans can see the ceremonies since American TV (even BBC America) hardly mentions them.

Carol
Richard III: Leicester welcomes king's remains King Richard III's remains arrive at Leicester Cathedral ahead of his reburial. View on www.bbc.com Preview by Yahoo

Lisa wrote :

To all non UK peeps, incase anyone might be interested in viewing the UK TV coverage of the forthcoming events, there is a download called MyexpatNetwork - it is a subscription application - £5 / about $9 a month. You will need a paypal account for paymentA good internet service.It can be used on a PC or a MACHere is the link http://www.my-expat-network.com/uk/

Once installed, you can go to Channel 4 or BBC etc & view their programmes - although Channel 4 wanted me to register with them & wanted a UK address - I just used my old address - I dont suspect that they check! So any relative or friends address should suffice. Especially if its just for a short period.
Additionally - if like me - you prefer to watch TV / movies on your TV & not a laptop you can purchase something called a 'wi-di' from Staples - for about C$60 that will wirelessly connect your PC/Mac to your TV via your wireless router.
Hope this helps a few who were maybe feeling a bit left out... like me :(

Lisa

2015-03-25 20:48:10
justcarol67
Carol earlier with regard to reinterment coverage for people outside Britain:

"Or just go to the BBC News website for highlights: Richard III: Leicester welcomes king's remains I'm thankful that Americans can see the ceremonies since American TV (even BBC America) hardly mentions them."

Carol again:

Apparently I forgot to include the link. Here it is: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-31990721 There's an update (new yesterday) at http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-england-leicestershire-31906058

Apologies if I inconvenienced anyone! It's sad and annoying that, as far as I know, there's no coverage in America except snippets on the world news--and CBS's Mark Phillips keeps bringing in Shakespeare instead of focusing on the real Richard.

Carol

2015-03-26 00:15:33
Terence Buckaloo
Thanks for the link Carol. And many thanks to those that are there and posting here for the rest of us that can't be there. I'm pleased that there's such a tremendous turnout, BBC said 35,000 lined the streets when the coffin made it's journey. Wow, just wow! People bringing school kids to this historic event, very neat. T

2015-03-26 00:16:40
Pamela Bain
It looked like more than 35,000!

On Mar 25, 2015, at 7:15 PM, 'Terence Buckaloo' tandjules@... [] <> wrote:

Thanks for the link Carol. And many thanks to those that are there and posting here for the rest of us that can't be there. I'm pleased that there's such a tremendous turnout, BBC said 35,000 lined the streets when the coffin made it's journey. Wow, just wow! People bringing school kids to this historic event, very neat. T

2015-03-26 09:49:58
Paul Trevor Bale
I think the authorities at the cathedral and around Leicester were totally taken aback at the response. The procession reminded many, myself included, of the funeral of Diana, as did the number of white roses people wanted to leave for Richard. It was all so incredibly moving I have still not recovered, and will be watching today's ceremony on my giant tv set with no doubt tears streaming down my face.
Who would ever have thought that it would take over 500 years before King Richard got the send off he so rightly deserved?
Paul

On 26/03/2015 00:16, Pamela Bain pbain@... [] wrote:
It looked like more than 35,000!

On Mar 25, 2015, at 7:15 PM, 'Terence Buckaloo' tandjules@... [] <> wrote:

Thanks for the link Carol.  And many thanks to those that are there and posting here for the rest of us that can't be there.  I'm pleased that there's such a tremendous turnout, BBC said 35,000 lined the streets when the coffin made it's journey.  Wow, just wow!  People bringing school kids to this historic event, very neat. T

2015-03-26 10:05:54
b.eileen25
With you in spirit Paul....Eileen

2015-03-26 11:14:32
Pamela Bain
Yes, I think we all feel the same.

On Mar 26, 2015, at 5:05 AM, cherryripe.eileenb@... [] <> wrote:

With you in spirit Paul....Eileen

2015-03-26 13:26:18
b.eileen25
Marvellously done...absolutely marvellous..so pleased it was soldiers acted as pall bearers and also lowered Richard into his last resting place...
Very pleased too that Howard was mentioned in the Bishops speech...
All in all it would take a very mean person to find fault with today's ceremonies...God bless King Richard...Eileen

2015-03-26 13:44:27
Hilary Jones
I endorse every word you say - the words, the music and - his own book. It was hard to let his mortal remains go from the light again. But still a lot for us to do methinks. H
To:
Sent: Thursday, 26 March 2015, 13:20
Subject: Re: Re: accessing Channel 4 for non-UK residents

Marvellously done...absolutely marvellous..so pleased it was soldiers acted as pall bearers and also lowered Richard into his last resting place...
Very pleased too that Howard was mentioned in the Bishops speech...
All in all it would take a very mean person to find fault with today's ceremonies...God bless King Richard...Eileen

2015-03-27 00:47:24
Terence Buckaloo
Here's the latest from Channel 4 for us non-Brits that are missing better coverage- http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-32052800 Can someone who knows share more about the Queen's remarks which were read? Also any public comments by the Duke of Gloucester? T
Richard III
Richard III on Amazon
As an Amazon Associate, We earn from qualifying purchases.